With Father's Day coming up on June 18th I thought it was about time I wrote an blog post for men. Male grooming is now more popular than ever before and looking after yourself will not only make you look your best but it makes you feel good too.
1. Invest in a skincare regime something simple like a facial wash/scrub and a good moisturiser with an spf is a good start. Check out the mens range on my NYR Organic shop.
2. Make a visit to your barber a 4 weekly thing. Don't wait until your hair is too long to do something with or you may find you don't actually have time to get it done. So avoid the stress and book your next appointment before you leave. I also recommend trying a hot towel wet shave there as they really get a great close cut. These are in my opinion the best barbers in Wrexham.
3. Make the most of your smile by investing in an electric toothbrush and floss daily these are so inexpensive now there really isn't any excuse not to have one and you know the better your smile is the more kisses you'll get!
4. Find a signature scent that suits you I recommend something clean and fresh for summer and something dark and woody for winter.
5. Try a facial. I promise you will love it! It removes impurities, improves skin condition and helps the skin recover and respond better to all your busy life has to throw at it. Plus it feels great!
6. Take care of your hands and feet cut and file nails to get rid of sharp edges use a cream to cut down on dry skin and keep them clean. Or better yet book in for a hand or foot valet and get them tidyed up and learn how to look after them.
7. Groom those guybrows. Grooming doesn't have to mean girly giving you a tidy shape just makes you look better and done right looks really smart.
8. Take time to work out the best products for you to shave with choose a decent razor be it electric or a wet shave razor. You can also choose between oils,creams, gels and foams to shave with and don't forget a great aftershave. If you don't shave lucky you but you can still keep your beard in tip top shape by regularly cleaning it, keeping it trimmed and using an oil or beard conditioner to stop it going dry and frizzy.
9. Play some sport or go to the gym (no the xbox doesn't count!) it will make you feel good, sleep better and you'll be healthier for it and its just fun. Excercise is great for clearing the mind and working through problems and it is great for boosting your energy levels.
10.Use sun protection yes I know it sounds boring but it's really important if you don't want to look really old fast! Essential if you work outdoors and now that it comes in spray bottles it's so quick to do you've no reason not to.